What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address) whenever you contact our site.
You or your child may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, submit content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Services:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address
- User name and password
- Geolocation information
- Other information, such as school, city, state, and zip code
- Communications preferences
- Search queries
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features
- Correspondence you send to us
How do we use the information collected?
We generally use the information that we collect about you or your child to:
- Fulfill your or your child’s requests for services and information;
- Display content and information that you may be interested in;
- Customize the content displayed when you or your child use the services;
- Analyze use of the website to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how much time users spend on the site, and which websites they come from;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the website;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you or your child at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
We may aggregate you or your child’s information with information about other users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Do we disclose information collected?
We may share information that is collected from you or your child in the following circumstances:
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our mission, including usage analytics, data processing, and account management. For example, our service providers may provide to us and analyze on our behalf usage information so that we can identify which of our services are most popular and how they can be improved.
- We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of The Lancaster Chamber, our members, users, or the public.
- We may share your or your child’s information with consent.
We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties. Instances where information may be shared include using aggregated information to help us qualify for funding or to develop content and services that we hope you or your child will find of interest.
To opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser. The Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 8-11, Safari, Firefox and Opera. In order to function, the opt-out add-on must be able to load and execute properly on your browser. For Internet Explorer, 3rd-party cookies must be enabled. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
We will never sell any of your personal information to any third party without your consent.
We may collect your IP address, which is a unique number assigned to your machine by your Internet Service Provider each time you connect to the Internet. We will use this information (e.g., user traffic patterns, page views on the Web site, click-through rates, search terms that users enter into our search utility) to monitor the flow of traffic and make improvements to the site’s content.
Parental Consent, Access, and Deletion
Parents or legal guardians may contact us to ask if we have collected their child’s personal account information, to review that information, if any, and request that The Lancaster Chamber stop collecting this information and have it deleted. Such requests are subject to The Lancaster Chamber verifying to our satisfaction that the requester is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Notification of Changes
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this website, you can contact The Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry at firstname.lastname@example.org.